One of your biggest detox organs!
Protecting your skin during a workout is important – sweating eliminates heavy metals and plastics from the body. Your skin may be the main method of detoxifying your body of metals and plastic, and an under-recognized part of your detoxification system along with your liver and kidneys.
I’m not a crazy germaphobe, but there’s grossness on the machines and on your hands after a day in the city. There’s bacteria to worry about too! So, it’s not a surprise when breakouts and blackheads show up now and then.
Look and feel good and keep one of your biggest detox organs, your skin, working hard for you!
- Clean your skin before you exercise. Gently cleanse your skin (and remove makeup) before your workout warms and opens your pores.
- Pile up your hair.Get your hair out of your face. It’s common for a hair product to be a source of those forehead breakouts. Let your workout gear look great instead of your hair.
- Think ‘tap it back’ for sweating.Pat your face with a towel rather than wipe it. Wiping mashes the toxins back into you pores and makes your system less effective at cleansing.
- Watch where your towel goes. This is an easy one. If you’re cycling, grab two towels – one for the machine and one for your face. If you’re on the yoga mat, put something between your forehand and the floor during child’s pose.
- Take 60 seconds to cleanse. Whether you shower at the gym or wait until you get home, a quick cleanse post-workout should never wait. Rinsing with water feels refreshing but doesn’t clear away residual bacteria and salt from sweat. Keep a gentle facial cleanser and moisturizer in your gym bag and use them. It’s 60 seconds that can make a huge difference.
- Eat and Hydrate.Your skin plumps up and minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles with 6-8 glasses of water a day, plus a lot more depending on your exercise program. Make sure some of your daily intake is tea, which will boost your metabolism and protect your detoxifying organs from the oxidative damage of exercise.
Thanks for joining me; have a wonderful day.
Dr. Mary Clifton
PS: Get my Fem Power 19 to boost your antioxidant levels every day and protect your skin against the oxidative damage of exercise and daily living. Fem Power 19 is a specifically curated antioxidant powerhouse, combining nature’s most powerful spices and herbs, along with novel and classic antioxidant compounds. These ingredients maintain the integrity and function of cell membranes, proteins, and enzymes. http://drmarysresetrevolution.com/product/fem-power-19/
Posted on by Dr. Mary Clifton