5 Ways to Spring to Life!By Mary Clifton, MD
Just today I was outside clearing away the dead branches of winter so that new life could peep up. Yes, peep. It’s springtime!! Can you believe it? The mere sight of flowers in bloom, and green leaves budding on trees is such a sign of hope and renewal – and it can’t help but transfer to your state of mind.
If you’ve been feeling at all dormant during the winter, now is the time to spring back to life! Take a few moments now and become aware of how you’re feeling. Take a few deep breaths and just allow awareness. Have you let spring in yet? Do you feel hopeful and optimistic?
It’s time to do spring cleaning, friends – and I’m not talking about your house. Of course, you can feel free to do external spring cleaning as well – who doesn’t love a fresh, clean house? But the real rejuvenation and refreshment comes when you turn your attention towards yourself. Have you been taking care of everyone but yourself this winter? Now is the time to turn that around, gorgeous! Here are five simple ways you can rejuvenate yourself this Spring:
1. Make a list of ten things that would feel nourishing to you. What have you been wanting to do for yourself, but have been putting off? Even if you think you don’t have time to do everything on your list, make it anyway. Then, put the list somewhere visible and start by making a plan to do at least one of the things on your list right away. From there, continue to gently push yourself to take time to nourish yourself daily!
2. Take time to be in nature. Even if it’s just five minutes a day, make it a priority. I can relate to this one myself – just today, I had to force myself away from the computer to take a nice long walk. I was so glad I did! The sunshine, the fresh air, the exercise, and the gentle breeze were so uplifting to me, and then I was able to return to my work feeling fresh and happy – and thus, more productive!
3. Begin a meditation practice. Again, you can start out small – even five or ten minutes a day really do make a difference. Taking some time each and every day to center and relax will have a rejuvenating, uplifting, and refreshing effect on your body, mind, and soul!
4. Hydrate and cleanse your whole system with two new habits! Start drinking more water and eating more fresh veggies each day. Doing this will work wonders, and really make you look and feel amazing! Aim for six cups of veggies per day, and at least two quarts of water (more if needed). After just a week of this new habit, you’ll see a big difference in your skin, and feel a nice boost in your energy level!
5. Let go. Is there anything you’re holding onto that isn’t making you feel happy and at peace? Is there anyone (even yourself) that you need to forgive? Is there anyone or anything that you need to release? Take stock of your state of mind and emotions and give yourself the gift of forgiveness and release. Ahhh….
I wish you a rejuvenating, refreshing, and blissful springtime! XO!
Tess Challis is the co-founder of Get Waisted, and also a healthy chef, author, and wellness coach. She can be found Instagramming her new peeping flowers, and drinking copious amounts of water. For more inner wellness guidance, join our community and follow our “From the Inside Out” program.
Posted on by Mary Clifton, MD